About iCare Oral Surgery and Dental Implant Center
The iCare Oral Surgery and Dental Implant Center, located in Commerce, Michigan, was founded by oral and maxillofacial surgeon Dr. William L. Thompson.
iCare is focused on conducting major oral surgeries while making dental patients feel at ease with the procedures they are about to have completed. The thought of surgery in any form can be overwhelming, and anyone with dental anxiety can be even more concerned about what’s ahead. At iCare, take comfort in knowing that you are under the treatment of an experienced oral surgeon and medical doctor like Dr. Thompson.
Types of Oral Surgeries Completed at iCare
Oral surgery can be an elective procedure, but in many situations surgery is also a necessary treatment for oral injuries or disorders. Here are just some of the oral surgeries that are carried out at iCare:
- Replacement of missing teeth with dental implants
- Removal of wisdom teeth
- Correction of unequal jaw growth
- Repair of jaw misalignment
- Improvement of denture fit using bone grafts
- Correction of TMJ disorder and jaw joint problems
- Repair and realignment after facial injuries, like broken jaws and broken facial bones
- Repair of cleft lip and cleft palate
- Diagnosis, removal, and testing of lesions, and reconstruction of face and jaw after cancer surgery
- Treatment of facial infections via draining or removal of teeth
- Correction of sleep apnea by surgical removal of soft tissues
- Tooth extraction
What Is Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery?
A doctor who specializes in oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS) is prepared to treat a range of diseases, injuries, disorders, and defects of the jaws, face, neck, head, and tissues of the mouth and jaws.
This surgical specialty involves the examination, diagnosis, surgery, and treatment of both functional and aesthetic problems in the oral and maxillofacial region. From impacted teeth to facial trauma to missing teeth, an OMF surgeon completes outpatient surgical procedures that set a patient’s mouth to rights so that function and appearance are corrected.
Dr. William L. Thompson is a board-certified member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS), a doctor of dental surgery, and a medical doctor. Make an appointment with the iCareofficeto find out whether you are candidate for oral and maxillofacial surgery.